Here’s my message of hope...
Today, I report that The Education Fund is in a marathon race, with many exhausting sprints. We are working tirelessly to give our students, their families, and teachers the support they require.
Here's a look at what we've accomplished as of June 17, 2020.
Value of Goods Distributed via The Education Fund Ocean Bank Center for Educational Materials: $532,819
Number of People Served: 19,000+
- 18,356 Families: Received school and household supplies to students and families in need.
- 1,170 Families: Received harvests bags with fresh produce from The Education Fund’s food forests.
- 725 Students: Received college coaching and enrollment support.
- 4,402 Teachers: Attended interactive technology how-to webinars to enhance distance learning.
To accomplish these amazing milestones, we teamed up with local nonprofits to distribute supplies to people in need.
- Branches of South Florida
- Bridge to Hope
- Camillus House
- Chapman Partnership for the Homeless
- The Children's Trust
- Coral Gables Elementary School
- Cuban American National Council
- His House Children's Home
- Honey Shine
- Hope for Miami
- Instituto Santa Mariana de Jesus
- Jewish Community Services
- Kiwanis of Little Havana Foundation
- Kristi House
- Leadership Learning Center at St. John Bosco
- Lotus House
- Miami Bridge
- Miami Beach Feinberg Fisher K-8 Center
- Mothers Fighting for Justice
- Overtown Youth Center
- St. Albans Child Enrichment Center Coconut Grove
- Steps in the Right Direction
We are giving to families in need, including:
- 2,070+ Backpacks stuffed full of learning supplies – crayons, spiral notebooks, colored pencils, and more.
- Thousands of dollars worth of household items (wipes, hand sanitizer, and TOILET PAPER!)
- Hundreds of harvest bags overflowing with FRESH GREENS and other highly nutritious PRODUCE from our Food Forests including bananas, papayas, all sorts of spinaches and salad greens, yucca, and much more.
How can you help?
We need funds to cover shipping – with every $3,000 shipping bill we pay, we receive $100,000 in supplies. While we also need to pay a small amount for staffing to get these supplies to families in need, that’s still a great return on investment!
We salute our teachers for truly stepping up to the plate and guiding students through distance learning.
We salute our students for staying the course.
And, we salute our parents for adapting to the “new normal."
The Education Fund Never Rests!
Our SmartPath students will begin internships in July.
Meanwhile, we are planning for blended operations to meet in-school and continued distance learning to include summer sessions and other support to teachers, students, and families in need.
And, without pause, our distribution of household and learning supplies to families in need will continue all summer and next school year.
And we've only just begun!
We are gearing up to assist thousands more students and families and to help in the recovery when it comes.
YOUR SUPPORT IS CRUCIAL!
We remain as strong as ever in our belief in our public schools, our children, and our families. More than 90% of our funding is directly invested in our students’ education.
Yet, now we are shouldering expenses not in our budget in our quest to meet the needs of our children and their families.
Your support, at any level, will make a true difference!
We will provide relief. We will help in the recovery. We ask you to join us if you can!
With many wishes for your good health & our entire community’s recovery,
The Education Fund
P.S. We look forward to the day we can have students like this in school, and our community once again thriving.
TO OUR COVID-19 RELIEF DONORS