"Art of Found Objects" Exhibition Information
$3,000 in Cash Prizes for Students & Teachers!
Deadline for all art to be turned in: Saturday, April 2nd, 2022
ART TEACHERS who SHOP at The Education Fund Ocean Bank Center for Educational Materials (OBCEM) are REQUIRED to submit at least TWO pieces of artwork – TEACHER, STUDENT or GROUP to the "Art of Found Objects” Exhibition. Failure to submit, will prohibit you from future shopping at the OBCEM.
We cannot guarantee that your work will be selected; however, if chosen, it will be on display for a month at Ocean Bank’s main headquarters (bank) for thousands of customers to view from April to May. All work is juried. Winning art will appear in a color catalog.
- Artwork for the "Art of Found Objects" Exhibition must incorporate at least one material from The Education Fund Ocean Bank Center for Educational Materials (OBCEM). ( See Images Below for Examples )
- Any M-DCPS art teacher or student may submit artwork. Student/group artwork must be submitted through the art teacher.
- Judging is based on the quality of the work and the creativity in using materials from The Education Fund Ocean Bank Center. In the case of student art, consideration will be given for the grade level.
- Deadline for all art to be turned in: Saturday, April 2, 2022 Click here to email the Ocean Bank Center for Educational Materials Director
- Artwork can be entered as an INDIVIDUAL PIECE or GROUP PIECE – all M-DCPS can enter (elementary, middle, senior high).
- Completed identification label (see packet) must be attached to the back of every art piece (make sure these can be easily removed) and be submitted in a portfolio (for 2-D) or the box (for 3-D). Portfolios and boxes are to be addressed to “OBCEM Art Exhibition”.
- All pieces must be properly packaged to avoid damage. (The Education Fund is not responsible for damage to artwork).
- Every piece must indicate (on the identification sheet) whether or not it can be sold at the For the Love of Art Annual Charity Auction June, 2022. When donating student pieces, it is recommended that you discuss the donation with the student and the parent (or responsible adult).
For more detailed information, please click here to download the Exhibition Packet.